Nia White Belt
Born in San Rafael, California and raised in New York, Amy has brought the best of both worlds with her; the serenity of nature and the city street smarts.
She has been practicing Nia for over a year, though for her feels it like a lifetime. She received her White Belt in July of 2013 and jumped right into teaching. The dance, healing and martial arts took her breath away. She has never looked back since. Nia has helped in so many ways, reconnecting to self, having more awareness about the body and what feels right. Amy's style of Nia is unique, tapping into her genuine love of the human connection and sharing a jazzy, infectious nature which is infectious for students of any age.
When not teaching Nia, Amy is raising two amazing little boys. Her professional background includes 20 years experience in the Fashion and Event industries and continues to work today as an event planner.
Movement is her meditation, her way of centering. She believes we are all the car singer, the last person on the dance floor, moving and grooving to the worlds song…we just need to let go of our minds and be present in our awesomeness…listen, the world is playing your favorite song!
Benefits of Nia:
• Facilitate weight loss and proper weight maintenance
• Strengthen muscles, improve muscle tone, and increase muscle definition
• Calm the mind and relieve stress
• Improve endurance
• Increase grace and flexibility
• Balance the autonomic nervous system
• Improve posture and even increase height
• Improve organ function, particularly that of the heart and lungs
• Alleviate emotional problems, including depression, anxiety, and stress
• Improve circulation and lymphatic drainage
• Strengthen immunity
• Improve concentration and cognitive function